Seasons change, people change, plans change. Usually when I write, it’s about something that pops into my subconscious, rolls around for awhile, then gels into something that makes sense. Hopefully! With some inspiration from the universe and certain highly creative folks in my life, I am embarking on a new series of personal columns filled with tools designed to help me transform my life so I can become the best authentic me I can be in 2019. Each month I will introduce, and expand upon, a principle that will help me enhance my life.
I believe that we need a road map of sort to guide us along our chosen path. Having direction helps us to focus on what is truly meaningful in out life. The things that bring a sparkle to the eye, a little bounce in the step and a reverence for life are essentials pieces of the puzzle. I am thinking of things that are not material in nature. Stuff is nice and fun but in the end stuff is just stuff. As I have transitioned from an outdoor 6 day a week job no matter what the elements are to an indoor 5 day a week environment, it is crucial for me to adapt and develop new (and those tried and true) coping skills.
Throughout the coming months, I will be musing on the following:
1. More yoga, less excuses. Move more, sit less. Take care of my physical and mental being.
2. Be grateful. Gratitude helps you expand your world view.
3. Endeavor to be empowering and inspiring. Be a beacon of positive light in a negative world.
4. Be of service to others, serve yourself less. The rewards are bountiful.
5. Operate from a base of love. Show understanding and compassion for all even if you don’t readily agree with another point of view.
6. Be boundless. Don’t limit yourself. Reach beyond your comfort zone. Learn something new every day. Read more, do more, watch less.
7. Meditate, meditate and meditate some more. Understand what power it holds. Appreciate the silence and power of nature in all its awesome glory.
8. Live in the now. Appreciate the moment – leave past regrets behind – don’t ruminate on what has not happened.
9. Forgive. Shed blame. Understand the power of acceptance and of letting go. Treat my body as the temple it is. Be my own healer, trust the power of nature’s gifts to heal. Get more sleep.
10. Become more creative. Develop the eye and heart of an artist. Detach from technology, shed the time-robbers.
11. Learn more from my equine friends and appreciate the power of the human-equine-canine bond (and yes, feline, too – although I am not a cat person) bond.
12. Find humor, reasons to laugh, embrace the chance to be silly, play more, fret less, work less. Share the joy of the journey with others.
13. Develop a more complete social conscious – lose being complacent – shed the it’s not my problem syndrome.
14. Live life, just don’t think life. Get off the couch! Be happy now!
The upshot of all of this are tools that can help me expand and enrich my life. These are not original tools but ideas that I have chosen to use. It is kind of cool to have a road map/guidebook of ways to lead to a happier, productive, abundant and most of all magical life. Looking forward to chatting in the coming months of 2019.
Namaste to all!